IT Assistance & Advice
Originally the free assistance was offered as part of the ‘Building Buddies’ project to help combat social isolation and loneliness. It helped people set-up a Facebook account with particular note to the privacy settings and then taught them how to connect and use the Our Place Wye Facebook Group to stay informed with what’s happening in the village, but also to connect with old friends, family and acquaintances.
The project was a success and so it was decided to widen the remit and offer:
- General assistance on Device use (Smartphone, iPad, Kindle, Laptop)
- Training on Facetime, Skype, WhatsApp to help stay connected with remote friends and family
- Installation and explanation of useful APPS for shopping, banking, Patient Access, train times etc.
- Set-up and explanation on how to use internet shopping
- Assist with setting up of friendship/interest groups on Messenger/WhatsApp etc.
- How to download and read e-books on a tablet
- How to obtain audio books, download and use them on an MP3 player
- For visually impaired people – subscribe to the RNIB USB audio book scheme
- Set up appointments and reminders with alerts for taking medications, remembering doctors and hospital appointments.
If you, or anyone you know, would like some free help with technology, on a one to one basis, which takes place locally then please contact Eileen Burton at email@example.com or 07717 318450